Friday, August 09, 2002

I'm working on a pair of toe-up socks for my mom. This is my first ever toe-up pair (and only my second ever attempt at socks) and I'm having a little trouble. The instructions say to do increases each side (4 stitches total) every other row until it fits the widest part of hte ball of your foot. Then stop increasing and just knit. I did that, but where I am "just knitting" seems to still be growing! The sock is getting too wide. I don't THINK my guage is increasing, so what am I doing wrong? I think I am going to have to rip back and get rid of a few of the increasing rows and try again.

In happier news I LOVE this jaquard print yarn! It's so fun to watch the pattern appearing, and wait to see what will come next! I also like how small a sock project is, so much nicer to tote to work with me! Here's a picture of the sock and yarn showing progress as of a few days ago. If you look closely, I stopped increasing at the beginning of the black row, but its still getting bigger and bigger....



I need to rip back and get organized this afternoon. We have plans to go to the neighbours house and rent The Sopranos for tonight, so I'd like to have the sock back to "straight knitting" mode to work on it.

No comments: