I finished up the pirate hat. The finishing wasn't that bad, once I steam ironed the heck out of it, everything lay flat and nice for sewing up. I questioned the need for the lining but it finishes this hat off SO nicely. I was going to felt it down to fit baby boy early on, but I think I'll leave it and let him grow into it. I don't want to risk ruining the hat after all this work, and considering the big-headed babies I make, it won't be too long before it fits anyways.
I also whipped up a Kidlet Tank in some Lion Brand Microspun I had lying around. It takes about one full skein to make the smallest size, following the pattern using a 4mm came out to a slim size 2. I'm going to see how this one washes up (pilling, etc) and then maybe make another in the next size up. This one fits funny after she eats a big meal, it's that close in sizing. It's a super easy/fast knit, though!
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Thursday, April 06, 2006
THe pirate hat is nearly complete. I've finished all the knitting, and just need to tack under the lining, then felt it a wee bit to shrink it. (it's about toddler sized and it's meant to fit my new baby - when he gets here) I finished the knitting a couple days ago and have been putting off the finishing......it requires tacking the UN-boundoff stitches to the inside of the hat. There are over 100 stitches so it sounds like a bit of a headache to do.
at 6:32 PM