Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I'm back home, and accomplished much knitting while I was away. I finished up the two blossom hats, which were well received, another hat for another cousin (one of the flat ones with ribbon yarn) while I was there, and am down to the grafting of the toe on a sock made with some Kroy in the Paintbrush colourway. (thanks for the yarn Mar)

I also checked out a couple yarn shops in the northern towns. One in Burns Lake annoyed me - no prices on anything! I am a very price conscious shopper so it bugged me a lot to not know any prices. I'm not going to ask about every single item!

There was a great shop in Smithers, Calico Cat or something like that. They had gorgeous yarns just piled up and spilling out of bins and cupboards. More like a yarn art gallery than anything. I got a set of Casein DPNs to try out and a ball of pretty cotton yarn. Now I'm wishing I'd bought a few so I could make a sweater for Teagan, oh well.

No comments: