Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Haul from the Yarn Shop


My Haul from the Yarn Shop
Originally uploaded by wendymc
Ever since the preview for the Spring 2008 Interweave Knits came out, I've been awaiting it's arrival on the news stands. It's full of cute spring cardigans, a lovely child's dress, and a fitted shell that would make a great tank on it's own. Finally it was in yesterday, and I was home sick from work.....so I bundled up and ventured out. An artist must suffer for her craft, after all!

I picked up the magazine, at the local yarn shop where I knew they'd have copies, and other things began calling to me from the shelves. I knew I would be knitting the Aleita Shell for myself, so I had better scope out yarn options. I found some Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy that came in a beautiful wine colour, and seemed close enough to the reccomended yarn to do the trick. Then I remembered I had a 20% off coupon in my purse, from filling a customer loyalty card. WELL, I couldn't leave with just that one yarn purchase.....into my basket lept the Cascade Sierra I'd been dying to try, and some soft Basics Stop in bright springy colours that should make a great striped baby sweater. I left before more yarn found it's way into my basket, and I'm pretty pleased with my purchases.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Oh it's out! I need to run out and get that myself. Loving all the goodies!!