Friday, June 12, 2009

Teacher Gifts

I like to knit little thank-you gifts for the daycare staff, both at Christmas and the end-of-year celebrations. We're coming up to the end of the year, so it's gifting time again. I might have been over ambitious this year, since Argen moved from one centre to the other, and I wanted to gift his old and new caregivers. So, the total comes to 13 caregivers and 2 admin staff this time around!! I think the admin staff are just getting cards, because I don't think I have it in me to finish enough by next friday. Argen gifted the staff at his new centre today, since it is their end-of-year celebration day. They were very well received:



Some have icord straps, some garter stitch, one seed stitch. I used this basic pattern:
Lacy Leaf Water Bottle Carrier and then switched up the patterning a little. I had some lighter weight cotton that required more stitches for some, and tried different striping in the stitches, so I didn't lose my mind knitting them all. I still have a few to knit up over the next week, too.

No comments: