Thursday, August 07, 2003

Off to the frog pond! I took a pattern out of A Passion for Knitting and adjusted the width a bit, since I was using a thicker yarn than they called for. Well, it was STILL ending up about 20% wider than the pattern, and I know I would have run out of the yellow cotton I was using. Plus, I hated the pattern. It was excruciatingly boring, so far consisting of a wide garter edge and plain stockingknit. Ugh! So here is a photo, pre-frogging:

I think I may try the Cabled Eyelet Blanket as it looks much more fun and interesting. I did a swatch of it in acrylic about the same guage as the yarn I have, so I should be able to adjust the size ok.

No comments: