Thursday, January 01, 2004

Broadripple Socks are done! These worked up pretty fast, though I have had a lot of knitting time lately. They are SO comfy, and fit me perfectly. The pattern said they'd come out a women's medium, but I have large feet and they fit me well. I think I was nervous about stretching the yarn as I knit so I did them kind of loosely. Here's a photo of my finished socks:
I have enough yarn left over to make a pair of baby socks, if not two. Matching mom and baby socks - how cute would that be? I might try and make them match the pattern a bit too if I can....

I think I might make a pair for my mom for her birthday, if I can find more veregated fixation yarn. The main yarn shop near me didn't seem to have 2 balls of any of the other veregated shades. I'm hoping to head out to where there are two more shops on monday, maybe one of them carry it.....

No comments: