Wednesday, December 31, 2003

I'm happy to be working on something for ME for a change. I finished one of the broadripple socks yesterday, and am into the leg of the second already. They're so comfy on my preggo swollen feet! I love the pattern too, I'm contemplating knitting up a set for my mom for her birthday and maybe my mother-in-law too! (both have birthdays in later January)

I'm also going to make another one of the hooded baby sweater from the original Knit It magazine. It's a nice easy pattern and the yarn (lion brand microspun) is SO soft. I bought the yarn in beige when I found out I was pregnant to make a sweater for our baby anywyas. The pattern has an error in that you are supposed to use two strands of the yarn knit together, but it doesn't say that. The first time I made it, the sweater came out almost newborn size instead of 12 month. I cast on with two strands but it looked huge, so I think I might just do it one strand and make it small so our girl can wear it right away.

No comments: