Thursday, April 21, 2005

Here's my progress on Soleil so far, just about done the lace repeats:

I love how the lace looks, assuming the designer's promises of the curling blocking out come true......It should move quickly now, just miles of stockingknit with occasional increases and decreases after the lace.

And a photo of the rainbow baby set I made for a couple of gals on my lacrosse team that just had a baby boy:

I made it before I knew if they were having a boy or a girl, so I tried to choose a neutral (but fun!) colourway. It's Patons Look At Me, which is a nice acrylic, since we're heading into summer I didn't think wool would be a good choice. I found I really like a 1x1 rib for baby stuff (sock and hat cuffs) since it's soft and plushy, and looks pretty even while still having lots of stretch.

No comments: