Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Argen's Rainbow Hat


Argen's Rainbow Hat
Originally uploaded by wendymc
I don't often knit for my kids. I just can't bear to watch them outgrow items in less time than it took me to knit them! So instead I focus most of my knitting efforts on gifts. Gifts for babies, especially, since they are so small and fast.

But when Argen kept wearing a hat I had knit him, despite it being much too small, and requested I knit him a Rainbow Hat to replace it, I couldn't say no. He wanted it to cover his ears, so I finally had a reason to try out the Cameron's Cap (pdf) Pattern. I wanted it to be superwash wool to be warm but stand up to some washing and abuse, of course. I found that Mochi Plus had a great rainbow colourway, and BOY is it ever soft. It's a loosely spun single-ply that worked up great for a warm winter hat.

He loves it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I'm always attracted to those rainbow spectrum yarns, but never get to knit anything fun in them. One reason to acquire a child, I suppose. ;)

See you tonite?

(just)Jennifer/Legerdemain

Procrastinating perfectionist said...

That is cute and I love the colors!