Friday, April 16, 2004

Here is the sweater from "Baby Knits for Beginners" (Debbie Bliss):

It was a very simple pattern to put together, just rectangles really. I knit the front and back together since I had 2 balls of yarn and was worried about having enough yarn. WARNING - don't try to knit two pieces together on a circular, I kept knitting the same side over and forgetting the other. once I moved to a straight it was fine. I did the same with the sleeves, and good thing, it was supposed to be long-sleeved, but as you can see I ran out of yarn! I'm happy with how it turned out, it should fit Teagan perfectly in about a month.

Another thing I liked about knitting the front and back, and then the sleeves, together like that was kniting they would be exactly the same length. It bothers me when a pattern says to "knit until front is 8 inches" or something, if your tension isn't perfect or the work gets stretched, you could end up with two pieces that measure the same, but when it's washed or relaxes, they could be different enough to show. It hasn't been a problem for me yet, but I imagine it could be.

No comments: