Sunday, January 08, 2006

Star Blanket


Star Blanket
Originally uploaded by wendymc.
I've been working on my star blanket a bit. It's an easy portable project where I don't need to refer to a pattern, and I can stop and start easily since I'm not counting stitches or anything. It's really slow going, though. I realized why - it's over 400 stitches per 'round' now, and each round only nets me another cm around the blanket. I don't know how big I'm going to make it, but it's going to take me a while.

I'm wishing I'd made the middle yellow part bigger, but I am NOT ripping back now. I'm going to edge it in light blue, but the bulk of it will be white, I think. The pattern is neat, but if I made it again I'd use thicker yarn and a bigger hook. The blanket wouldn't be as fine and soft, but it wouldn't take half a century to finish.

Given it's taking me so darn long to make, I think I'm going to keep this one for our baby boy to use.

No comments: