Thursday, April 24, 2003

I'm making pretty good progress on the insanely bright rainbow baby top. I'm starting to think it is TOO bright, but anyone I ask says it's great, so I'm just going to keep going. I started on the hood, which is straight stockingknit now. Just the sleeves after that, and a bunch of ends to weave in. I don't think it will take much longer, I hope to get a good chunk done during Friends and Survivor tonight.

Good progress is also being made on the afghan. I'm approaching 3/4 done, so it's nearly the home stretch now. It's been an enjoyable pattern, but akward lugging an afghan around. I also am finding faults with the pattern. It is a series of panels, each a set of 9 pattern squares. Poor planning in the design puts a ribbed square next to a stockingknit panel, where the "knit" part of the rib sort of runs into the stockingknit panel. (does that make ANY sense?) I would have planned it so the "purl" rib started next to the stockingknit square. There are a few other things like that I'm noticing too. Overall they aren't a big deal, and I'm certainly not going to start fussing about it now!

No comments: