Thursday, April 17, 2003

The Safari sweater is still set aside. Instead, I started ANOTHER project! All those babies my hockey and lacrosse gals are having start coming due very soon, so I started working with that pretty Patons "look at me" yarn. The colouring in the yarn is pretty wild, so I decided to find a more basic sweater pattern. I ended up with the hooded baby top from knit-it (first issue) again! It's a great pattern, and I think it will suit the yarn. I got started last night, and here is my progress so far:


I need to check my guage soon. The original pattern calls for Lion Brand Microspun doubled up, so this is definitely thinner, but I am using 4.5mm needles instead of the 3.75 called for, so I don't know how it will turn out. I need to find out how big a baby is to know what I am aiming for LOL. I love the colours, knitting them up makes me want a top for myself out of this yarn! I love how the colours line up into rainbows at some parts, not as keen on where it ends up really random, but I will have to wait for the big picture.

No comments: