Tuesday, December 16, 2003

All this christmas knitting is stressing me out. I finished the hats for the cousins, but I still have so many projects to finish and only days left. I'm hoping to get a good amount of the hood on BPT done parked in front of the TV tonight. I've also got to assess the monkey doll to see how much there is to do.

Something neat I'm also working on...........when my aunt sent me a box of knitting stuff from my granmother (who passed away 5 years ago) I found in it some half finished mittens. One pair adult sized and one kid sized. I'm finishing up both pairs, there is luckily enough yarn, and giving them to my two cousins in town, ages 8 and 14. I'm going to tag them as "from Grandma and Wendy" and explain how I got them and finished them up to give to each of them. The younger cousin only met grandma once and was little, but the older one will remember her. I hope they think it's neat. It is bittersweet working on these, nice to finish something I know she started, and sad as I didn't get into knitting when she was still alive. I think we could have enjoyed sharing this hobby, and I know she would have been impressed by some of the projects I've made. Grandma taught me the basics of knitting when I was a little girl.....

No comments: