Monday, December 08, 2003

I made a flower facecloth from the Intereweave Knits magazine. I just used plain old crafters cotton, because that's what I had. It turned out okay, though I ran out of yarn about 2 yards short so I had to fudge the middle a bit. I don't have a photo because I haven't woven in the ends or anything so it looks funny, there are 12 ends to weave in! I think I will keep this one, as the middle looks funny, and it's just in a plain old beige anyways. I want to buy some nifty colours to make gift ones.

I went to a friend's craft sale/open house this weekend with my mom. She has a casual open house party, and sets out all of her crafts for sale. It's neat, no pressure, just a chance to check out her stuff and buy things you like. I bought three butterflies, aren't they pretty?

I'm sticking them to the wall above the baby's crib, the wall there was pretty bare and these aren't something dangerous to fall on her. (they're light so they won't come unstuck anyways, but a picture or shelf over a crib is just a bad idea)

No comments: