Thursday, February 06, 2003

I've almost finished the project I can't mention, due to who reads this blog. I tweaked the pattern a little, both in size and construction. It's quite a good feeling, adjusting patterns. At first it was a frightening though, I mean, what if I totally messed the thing up? But now it builds my confidence, if I can think of a better way to do something, than what is written in the pattern, that's pretty cool!

I'm scribbling away at plans for the item I want to design. Too much time pressure to try for the Feb 1st knitty deadline so I let it sit for a while. It's a summery thing anyways so I can see how I do for the next issue. There is a lot to think about when designing a pattern. you have to think of the pattern you want, how to work in shaping, guage and the type of yarn you want to use, and edges/ribbing. I have pages of sketches and scrawlings already and I haven't even picked up the needles and yarn yet! I'm stuck on ribbing ideas now. Does anyone have any nifty resources for ribbing ideas? I don't like the plain old k2,p2 thing, but I don't want the edges to curl up like they do on plain stockingknit edges. Thoughts? Suggestions??

Does plain garter stitch ribbing roll up like stockingknit does?

No comments: