Tuesday, February 11, 2003

A little more KIPing (knitting in public) yesterday waiting for tests at the medical lab. I got a couple glances, but no one outright stared or asked questions. It's fun to pull out my knitting and go at it. I find I get the most looks from older woman, surprised a young woman is knitting away I guess. I'm one of those people that doesn't want to be the center of attention, but likes a little bit, know what I mean? So the sideways glances I get for KIPing are just about right.

Sadly I think I'm going to have to rip out what I've done so far on my secret project. The edging I was trying (purl rows and YOs) is rolling up which is just what I didn't want. I don't want to do k2p2 ribbing either, so I'm not sure what will work to prevent the rolling. I've done plain garter stitch on a sweater at christmas and it rolled, so I guess that isn't an option either.......

No comments: