Monday, October 06, 2003

Bit of a disaster with the DNA scarf.....I went back to lewiscraft to get another 4 balls of yarn now that I like how this yarn works for it, and they don't have anymore! They were clearing it out when I bought that ball last time, and I didn't realise, so neither location in my city has anymore in the 'snowdrop' colour I used. Thankfully Patons country yarn is available online and elsewhere, so I will look around. I'll call the knitting shops in town to see if they have any I can grab, otherwise I will look online. I'm not willing to start over!

I also started a convertable maternity jacket for myself. I liked the style and idea of the Before & After sweater on the Canadian Living website, but the pattern was written very strangely. Instead I am trying the Cropped Cardigan from Lion Brand. I'm going to make it a little longer, then make a triangle panel for the front to extend it while I am pregnant. I may add on a polo-type collar if I'm brave later too, we'll see. I don't really have any sweaters that will fit me much longer and the weather is starting to cool off, so I wanted to get started on this right away.

No comments: