Friday, October 03, 2003

Now that I have the digital camera, I can post pictures fast and easy, though I do need to work on posting more often in general here! I'm working on the DNA Scarf right now as a gift for my husband. He's into science of all kinds, and actually doing a co-op job right now that deals with biology and chemistry, so I think he will get a kick out of it.

I had a lot of trouble getting starterd, as I haven't really dealt with charted patterns before. I didn't realise you started reading from right to left at the bottom of the chart, or that you read even rows left to right and inverted the symbols! Jerry, who just finished this scarf, kindly helped me out with tips on how to read the chart. He said for even rows to "knit the stitches as they appear" rather than using the chart and reversing the stitches. That is working out well and speeding up my knitting on this thing quite a bit. I'm pleased with the progress so far, here is a photo of where I am, plus a closeup of the cable:


I also am working on some baby socks. They're really cute and much faster to work up than adult socks, but I don't think I will make a lot. They are kind of fiddly to work with and take a while, considering how cheap a pack of baby socks is at the store! Here is a photo:

No comments: