Thursday, April 25, 2002

I started a new sweater! It's a tank top actually, which is what I wanted. It's getting warm in Victoria, so I'd like to make things more fitting the season. I searched and searched for a pattern I liked, but I couldn't find anything that was both simple (for a beginner like me) and nice looking. I don't want to make a plain, boring top, I want something cool! Then I found this pattern: Berroco - Paulina. Isn't it nifty?

I would totally wear something like this. I SEE that it says it says "Skill Level: Experienced" and I know that's not me, but who cares? I looked at the pattern, I can understand it I think, and it just looks so damn cool! I'm not investing huge $$$ into getting fancy yarn though. I'm buying plain old cotton. I think that will be comfy, easy to work with, and most of all-cheap! I got a huge ball of it that will probaby do the whole sweater at walmart for $6.85 or something. So even if the top doesn't turn out, not a lot wasted. I'm doing it in a pretty burgundy colour.

No comments: