Wednesday, June 12, 2002

I got home last night and pulled out that sweater I'm working on, only to see ANOTHER MISTAKE!! I'd bound off 6 stitches on one side and 8 on the other. That ought to teach me not to circle the size I'm working on in a pattern! (6 bind offs was for a small, 8 for a medium, which I'm doing) So I ripped it all out AGAIN (gosh Patons Canadianna is forgiving of ripping!) and went merrily on my way. It was looking great, and I decided to count my stitches to check myself. Bad move, I've got the wrong number! I may just have miscounted, but either way I'm leaving it until tonight to deal with!

The childcare department where I work is having a raffle fundraiser. They've asked staff who are creative to donate handmade toys, children's things, and neat gift items as prizes. I definitely want to donate something, but I am having trouble deciding what. My first thought was a package of handmade greeting cards (rubber stamped) but then I thought maybe I could knit something. A baby or kid's item would be small enough to not cost a ton for the yarn and would work up fast. Any suggestions? I'd love a pattern that's not too difficult, but looks pretty neat, so people will want to win it, hehe.

No comments: