Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Well I have picked my next project! I borrowed the Spring/Summer Vogue Knitting mag from the library last night, and now I want to make that top on the cover! It's a sleevless turtleneck aran style sweater, with multiple cables up the front. It looks stunning, and though it's a bit ambitious, I think I can pull it off. I just need to pick a yarn, I don't think I want to make it in the suggested cashmere blend! It looks like a nice mercerized cotton would suit it well, and I like the colour they've done it in too. Has anyone else made this top? Any tips or suggestions?

I'm going to finish the boat neck shell first, not too far to go on it. I'm about a quarter of the way up the top, and should have some good knitting time in the evenings this week. Boy I'm going to have to start on christmas stuff soon, but making things for myself is just too much fun!!!

No comments: