Monday, June 03, 2002

I'm making SOCKS!!!! I'm so very excited, just in case you can't tell. I've been wanting to tackle socks for quite a while now, I just didn't have the guts to try them. Well, this weekend I picked up a nifty set of red plastic DPNs in about size 6 (don't have a needle guage) and started this pattern from socknitters.com. I've done the cuff and a few rows past that and so far I'm having a load of fun. I am loving watching the top of the sock appear as I knit, and using 4 DPNs is something a little different. The needles look SO cool, bright red with a smoky blue yarn around them.

So I am joining the ranks of knitters with many WIPs lying about. I have a scarf I don't know how to finish, a tank top that's maybe 15% done, about 25% of a lacey t-shirt, and the sock. But I like having a couple things going, it's fun. Plus the sock is much easier to pack to work with me, since I have started biking to work I have to pack everything in these little pannier bags.

No comments: