Tuesday, July 16, 2002

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

Wow, I'm 25 today. That's a whole quarter century! Now I feel old. I've had most of my festivities already, birthday party on saturday, cake at my in-laws, cake and singing and cards at stamp club(one lady even sang happy birthday in dutch - how cool is that??). But this morning hubby got up and made me waffles for breakfast, and I had a gift from a friend to open: lewiscraft gift certificates!

I also scored some amazing yarn at Value Village last night. The labels say Ardilla Romantica but I couldn't search that up on the net anywhere. Its a main strand with little "tufts" on it, here is a link to another brand similar to it: Flora Trendsetter. The yarn I got is a satiny bright blue colour, and I managed to find 5 skeins at $1.99 each! I don't know what I will make with it but it looks so cool and would probably retail for 5 times that much at least. From what I am reading about the similar yarn I linked to, it's a "carry along" yarn, where you use a strand of it along with something else. That makes sense, it would make a very loose, open fabric knitting with this alone. Has anyone used this type of yarn before? Tips? Pattern Suggestions??

Still working on my second boatneck, almost done the front. I haven't had a lot of knitting time lately, so it's no surprise this one is taking a while. Should be quite nice when it's done though!

No comments: