Tuesday, July 30, 2002

I'm starting to think my boatneck shell is going to turn out funny. I was measuring it against the other boatneck I did, since I am adjusting the size a little on this one, and it's shaped differently! This Paper Phil yarn is bulkier and stiffer, so that may have something to do with it, but I cannot see any of the shaping from the decreases! Strangest thing is, I added an EXTRA decrease (and corresponding increase) because the other one was a little big in the waist. Things that make you go, Hmmmmmm.....

It's also ending up really long, I still have 11 rows until I am supposed to do the armholes, but it's almost as long as my other top is to the armholes already! And this is after skipping 6 or 7 rows to shorten it! Well, at least it won't look the same as the other one, eh? It's still enjoyable to knit, and I am sure it will end up wearable, I'm just perplexed as to how it's ending up so different!

No comments: