Saturday, December 06, 2008

Holidailies Post #2 : Avoidance

I'm a little overwhelmed with Christmas stuff right now. There are a lot of things left to do, things to finish, and things to get started. The worst part is probably that I don't really know how much I have on my plate. In order to decrease my stress, I've been trying to worry less. This is a good thing, and I am feeling less worries. However, there is a subtle feeling of impending doom, when everything catches up with me. I'm not writing a list of everything I need to do, because the idea of that list freaks me out a bit. Somehow, by not writing up the list (literally, or just in my head) I can pretend it's all manageable, and going to work out. I have a good imagination.

My knitting alone is a little out of hand.
- I'm behind on my comissioned hats, due to some various issues (mis-sized hats, running out of yarn, creative blocks, etc)
- I have about 4 of 10 washcloths knit for the daycare staff christmas gifts, and no idea what type of soap item to package them with
- Magnus' knit item is not nearly finished (though with his January birthday I may just pretend I intended it for then - hah!)
- I need to pick out a christmas knitting gift for our knit group's gift exchange - and plan a potluck item to bring for that night.
- the booties for my young neice are looking less and less likely
- my other 2 neices may not get matching knit hats as I'd hoped
- I was hoping to knit something for each of my kids for christmas - haven't even decided on a pattern yet.
....and somehow I keep getting distracted by patterns for even MORE things I want to knit.

I'm going to get off the computer and back to the yarn now.

No comments: