Tuesday, December 16, 2008

HolidailiesPost #11: Speedy

I'm a pretty fast knitter. It helps that for basic knitting, things like straight knitting or a simple rib, I can do without looking at my fingers. I can knit while walking, watching tv, or talking to people - lets me be more efficient for sure. I also carry my knitting all over, so I can sneak in stitches here and there.

Yesterday I decided I needed a cowl, so I started one on the bus this morning. I'm 3/4 of the way done, and suspect I'll finish it on the bus ride into work tomorrow. Talk about instant gratification knitting! I'm not used to the huge needles (8mm) or the thicker yarn (2 strands of worsted held together) but it's a nice change. I usually knit with dk to worsted weight, on about 4mm needles. This goes SO much faster. I think I'll be looking for more heavy-gauge knitting projects in the future. Photos tomorrow, hopefully.....

No comments: