Monday, December 08, 2008

Holidailies Post #4: Never Enough Time

Most people complain that there isn't enough time in a day. If there were a way to find more time, make more time, or just cut down on those pesky time-sucks like sleeping, showering, and working our day jobs, we'd have more time for the important things in life. Things like knitting.

I already make pretty good knitting use of my time, carrying a project with me nearly everywhere. It's rare I miss an opportunity to crank out a few stitches, if I find myself with spare time. I knit to and from work on the bus, whenever I'm a passenger in a car, in front of the tv, and even in casual meetings. (I just came home from our field hockey AGM where I happily stitched away on a hat. Last year they made fun of me, this year I just got a few smiles) I actually even bring my knitting to movies and concerts - what else am I going to do while sitting in my seat waiting for the show? Knitting is still thought of as a kind of geeky, old fashioned activity by some, I figure doing it at a NIN concert is doing my part to dispel that image! HAH!

If only I could learn how to type and knit, I'd be laughing. Hmmmm....I have heard mention of voice recognition software

No comments: