Thursday, August 15, 2002

I found it! I found THE pattern I was dreaming of for my sister's christmas sweater!!! I finally got The Knitter's Stash from the Library, where I'd reserved it way back in April. It must be popular, I only get to have it for 2 weeks!

Anyways, there, as like the second project in the book, is the sweater. (if you have access to that book, take a peek and tell me what you think, and if you've made this sweater, let me know!!) It's done in a k4 p2 rib, with I-cord cast offs for trim, and it looks perfect. It's casual, but smart looking, and looks very comfortable. Even better, it's done in the round! The pattern calls for a 100% cotton yarn, too, so I am going to start myself one with some burgundy cotton yarn I had already. It's totally something I would wear, and I want to see how it knits up for size and stuff. I might want to try a "nicer" fibre for the one I make my sister, or I might just splurge and get "good" cotton yarn.

No comments: