Friday, August 16, 2002

I'm not happy with my socks. They have this silly pointed toe! (If you look down to last friday's post you can see a photo) I'd been ignoring that pointy toe, because I was so enamoured with the jaquard pattern as it emerged, and enjoying the tiny needles. But I am getting to the heel point on the pattern I'm following and the pattern sort of disintigrates for me. I'm doing the pattern from http://home.earthlink.net/~jeffnstasia/sox.htm and it does NOT explain the heel very well at all! I don't have a clue what to do. So I am contemplating ripping the whole damn thing out and starting over on a new pattern. This one looks good, but is done on 2 circulars. I spent a few bucks on getting these nice 2.25mm DPNs so I don't really want to have to buy more needles. What's a gal to do? Does anyone have a suggestion for me? A toe-up pattern with better heel instructions? A different toe-up pattern I can use? HELP?!?!?

No comments: