Tuesday, August 20, 2002

My sweater is coming along nicely. It's so nice knitting it in the round so I can start and stop anywhere. Makes it a perfect "take along" project. (if only it wasn't a supersize skein of cotton - almost 10 by 5 inches!!) I really like how the ribs look, its going to be a great smart-looking but casual top. I think when I make the one for my sister I will use a fancier fibre for sure, I just haven't decided what yet. Even using a nice mercerized cotton might give it enough sheen to dress it up a bit.

I had been wanting to try making thos Fruit baby hats I keep hearing about, but didn't want to splurge on the kit at the LYS. Imagine my surprise when an old Family Circle magazine I picked up at a garage sale on the weekend had the pattern in it!!! So now I can try the pattern out, it looks fairly easy. I need to make a "baby item" for the raffle here at work, so a fruit hat and booties might be just the thing.

No comments: