Monday, January 27, 2003

The burgundy sweater is getting so close to finished, I can't wait to wear it! It's so totally "me"! :) My socks are moving along quickly too, though I ran out of yarn. I knew this would happen, they were sort of an experiment to see how close to a pair of socks I could get out of the leftovers from mom's socks. I got the heel turned, and gussets picked up, and then ran out of yarn. So part of the heel and the ankles will have to be a different colour. I'm hoping to find some grey, blue, black or white to match the colours in the socks, so they may have to wait a bit.

I'm going to need to get some more projects started, I can't be without knitting on the go! I'm dreaming up ideas to use some of the mohair my mom keeps finding for me at craft shops. I mean, mohair is nice and 50cents a ball is a killer price, but how much of this stuff can I use?? Anyone have ideas for tops to make in mohair? Keep in mind I live in western BC, where we have seen NO SNOW this season, and I don't know if the temps hit freezing even once yet! I want to make something cute, not bulky and cozy, but is that possible with fluffy mohair?

No comments: