Wednesday, January 15, 2003

I got a little further on the "two socks on two circs" but haven't had a lo of time to work on them. It's not nearly as confusing as I imagined it would be, though I'm not up to the heels yet.

I'm toying around with designing a top myself. Maybe even something for knitty, maybe just for me, I don't know yet. I don't have a clear design idea yet, just a few thoughts I am tossing around. The idea of actually designing a whole top, start to finish, is a bit daunting. Much as I don't mind tweaking a recipe when I'm cooking, I can face altering a pattern a little if I don't like how it's going, but I NEED that base instruction, to guide me on my way. I also buy mostly thrift shop yarn, which makes guage and writing instructions trickier. Hmmmmm.....I guess I will just keep thinking and sketching for now.

No comments: