Tuesday, May 21, 2002

I pretty much finished the halter top this weekend, but I am not too happy with it. The instructions weren't very thourough, there was a lot I had to just figure out, and I don't know if I did a great job! the yarn I was using (2 strands of Patons Canadianna) ended up really thick too, maybe not the best for a summery top. Its comfy and fits well, but it makes my chest look HUGE and shows my belly, so I don't know if I will want to wear it much. Hubby is dissapointed in that ;)

I finally went to michaels and bought big needles (9mm) for the scarf I wanted to make. I'm not so sure I made the best colour choices anymore, but the effect is really cool. I'm using Sirdar Snowflake in black and Funny Yarn in a bright royal blue. The sample in the store was I think the same blue but with light blue Snowflake, which looked much more dramatic. Still it looks nice, and I think these colours make something my mother-in-law would actually wear. I love the feel of these two yarns together, and I am tempted to make a top for myself out of them after.

No comments: