Wednesday, May 08, 2002

If I didn't have to keep re-doing the same rows over and over, I'd have been nearly done this tank top by now! I find frogging so frustrating, especially when there are YOs and stuff in the pattern, it gets confusing. I've figured out what they mean by "experienced" for the pattern rating though. They assume you can keep a pattern idea in your head and just add the changes they specify. The pattern doesn't explicitly lay out each row, it does the "continue in pattern extablished" thing, but I keep forgetting the pattern changed part way through! But I'm still enjoying the pattern overall, and generally pleased with the results I'm getting.

I want to get some large needles to start on the scarf for my mother-in-law. It's for a christmas present so no rush, but I just want a nice easy project to work on to ease my frustrations with the tank, and get a sense of accomplishment, since I will finish it quite quickly. I'm just waiting on needles....I know they aren't THAT expensive, $4-6 a pair, but I found one thrift shop near my house that has hundreds of knitting needles, at 50cents a pair! They even have circulars and DPs sometimes. SO I can't bring myself to buy them new, I have to scour the thrift shops. I'm planning on stopping by today, hopefully they have a pair of 9s or 10s for me!

No comments: