Thursday, May 09, 2002

Okay, I'm getting so frustrated with this tank top, I've got to set it aside for a while. It's increasing my stress level instead of decreasing it! I've worked so hard on it and I have to keep redoing rows over and over, I see a bunch of little mistakes in it farther down but dont have the heart to rip it all out, and its just ticking me off.

So now I need to start another project to work on. The fancy scarf has to wait until I get some 9/10mm needles. I do want to try my hand at sock knitting, but I am having trouble finding a simple pattern to try. I love the idea of doing "toe-up" socks, but am guessuing they are harder, so I'd best start with something simpler....Does anyone have a good sock pattern for a beginner to try? And any advice on yarn to use? I have some wool blend stuff in an olive tweed that looks like it would make cool socks, also some in burgundy, but I could use something else.

No comments: