Tuesday, May 07, 2002

More knitting time yesterday. I got some sad news that the little brother of one of my old elementary school pals had died. I didn't want to go to the funeral, but I couldn't deal well with work either. I went home early and just sat and knit with my husband. Knitting is so peaceful and calming, just what I needed yesterday.

I'm noticing in the last few months since I started knitting, I've been far less stressed. This is a big deal because I am quite the worryer, stressing over everything and anything, but lately, things have felt much calmer. I never could imagine myself "meditating" on a daily basis, but I guess knitting has been my meditation. Very cool.

I'm motoring right along on my tank, up to the next "shaping row"! It's really fun to work on, lots to think about and keep track of, so it's keeping my interest. I'm eager to get more done to see how it looks, since the pattern sort of changes as you go. Still, it will be a while, I've put a lot of hours into it already, and I would guess I am 1/4 done.

No comments: